Monday, January 12, 2009

Technology stress

Sometime Wednesday our work email system suffered a catstrophic failure. Around the clock support from our IT department and some of our tech vendors cobbled the system back together... mostly. I still can't send or receive messages on my blackberry. This week I'm scheduled for a full week of offsite training (Design Controls and Risk Management) and will have to be working essentially blind. We're taking nearly 20% of our company to this class, which means there will be very little in-house support for manufacturing this week. Email is what makes this system bearable so this week will be a challenge.

Right in the meddle of all of that, my label printing software (that I hate with fair degree of passion) appears to also be corrupted. I've done all I can without access to the main server so I'm at work at 6AM hoping there is even one IT person that is still awake that can get me in to the server to complete the reinstallation before 7AM when I need to leave for class.

No comments: