Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Not quite the Big E

The Eastern States Exposition is going on here in Springfield and I planned to go tonight with my friend Jeff and his family.  But storms were moving in so we settled a dinner out instead.

The Expo, or Big E, is the New England equivalent of our own Texas State Fair.  I was looking forward to it as I've never been to anything else that was similar.  I've been asked before if the Texas State Fair is bigger than other state's fairs.  Everyone in Texas really does think that they do everything on a larger scale but I don't have a way to judge.

One thing I was going to pass up even if we'd gone was this year's special treat --  a bacon cheesebuger served between two glazed donuts and if I heard correctly deep fat fried.  Doesn't even really bear thinking about does it?!?

No comments: