Tuesday, December 29, 2009

science benchmark test

The following is an excerpt from an email Sunil’s teacher sent yesterday.

“I have good news. Sunil's grade on the science benchmark was originally reported as an 80, however, he actually scored a 95!  
The tests were scored by a scantron machine.  When I went back and graded them the "old-school" way, by hand, my grade was different from the computer score on a few students. I gave the information to our test administrator. She double checked and now the computer system reflects his actual score of 95.”

I was pleased enough with the 80 but this bump puts all three of his benchmarks (Science, Reading and Math) in the high 90s and as impressed as I am by this I’m even more impressed that his teacher double checks the computer.  I love this school district.



1 comment:

-lyn said...

We're impressed by Sunil, by his teacher, by his school, and by you as his good-parenting parents!