Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Allen Philharmonic Orchestra

Mom, John, Sid and I ventured out last night to the outdoor amphitheater near the rec center for a Memorial Day concert.  They do live music most Monday nights thru-out the summer but we’ve never gone.  In fact I’ve been up to, and around the rec center dozens of times and I’ve never seen an amphitheater.  But we took our folding chairs a jug of wine and a sense of adventure and set out in search of music.  The amphitheater, as it turns out, is the back porch of the center which faces a nice steep hill.  The music was pleasant, and the evening perfect.  They even threw in some fireworks.  Very enjoyable all the way around.  While walking towards the crowd we came across a very large Memorial right in the middle of the park that I’ve never seen before.  I don’t feel so bad now though because after the concert when we went to check it out we discovered that it had been dedicated just that morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely way to spend a summer evening. I do miss outdoor concerts!