Friday, November 10, 2006

This is America and more

The 3rd Graders put on a Veteran's Day musical last night titled "This is America". It was about half an hour long. They sang seven or eight songs, each played a musical accompaniment to one of the pieces and many (including Sheela)had speaking parts too. I recorded a few short sections of it on video on my tiny camera, but I haven't had the time to figure out how to share it with the masses. Come visit, I'll play the 38 second clip and you'll feel like you are right there. I may even sit you in a child sized chair while I elbow you in the ribs.

We missed the soccer game last night but according to the website we won 3-0. So we are guaranteed either 1st or 2nd place and we've planned a pizza party celebration for Saturday night. The championship game is Saturday morning.

Sunil was home sick from school yesterday but is back in action today. Just in time to turn in his homework and collect some to take with us. I figured out last night that the kids are off of school the whole week after we get back and not just on Thursday and Friday. Kids Club says it will open but they haven't sent home any information yet and usually we have to sign up for full day times a week or two in advance so that they can choose which school the kids will attend on those days.

I've finished the pre-boarding paperwork and printed our expidited passes. I can't check in for the flights until tomorrow morning. We have a hotel for the night we get back. I haven't figured out a rental car for the day after but I'm sure that we can take care of that when we get to the pier. We should be all set to go.... except for the packing which can't be done until the laundry is done.... but we are getting close.

No comments: