Monday, June 18, 2007

Bionic eyes

Once again I've caved and attempted to medicate my way past my spring coughing fits.  Historically this has not gone well.  Cough suppressants don't do anything for me.  Antihistamines don't do anything for me.  Nasal sprays make me worse off after they wear off.  Today I took Mucinex DM.  It is supposed to make the coughing "more productive" and thin out the sinus drainage.  I am not coughing and I'm not suffering from drainage but I feel like my eyes are dilated.  I can focus but it takes a long time and a lot of effort.  My eyes seem to circle in tighter and tighter until they land on the right spot.  The whole time I can hear the "whaaa, whaaa, whaaa" sounds that let you know that Steve Major's bionic eyes were working hard.  It has been suggested that I go back home and nap (an attractive option) but I don't think I want to drive with my bionic eyes.  I'll stay here and design validation protocols until I feel a little bit more like myself.  Tomorrow I'll reread the protocols before I send them around.  I doubt I'll say anything stupid, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

It sounds like you suffer from severe allergies; how awful you must feel.
Take comfort in knowing that all bad things must end...