Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Itchy!!

I made a rookie mistake while celebrating the end of summer with the kids last week. We went to the local waterpark for the day. It was fabulous! We ran in to two of Sheela's friends while still in line to enter. She spent the day essentially with Brooke and Ashland leaving Sunil and I play together. We rode the Pineapple Express water slide a bunch of times (It is the only real "ride" for which he satisfies the height requirement), the lazy river most of the day with an hour or two in the wave pool for variety. But back to the mistake, I changed bathing suits late in the year and the previously unexposed skin around my edges turned purple in spite of the sunscreen. "Purple" may be an exaggeration but I was plenty sensitive for a few days. Today we've entered phase two of the that-is-what-you-get-for-being-stupid punishment... itchy, peeling skin. I have meetings all day. I bet I'm the wiggliest one in the room.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I know how you feel and still haven't found a powerful enough sunscreen!

Take care of your sunburn.

-lyn said...

Yeah, those edges can be murder!
Hope it calms down for you soon.