Saturday, May 03, 2008

Gina

It was a sad day here today. I had to have Gina put to sleep. She was not feeling quite the thing this morning. Her kidneys had failed as a result of what was probably cancer in her stomach. I was with her at the end and had a chance to say goodbye myself. I've told already told Sid and Sheela and will tell Sunil when he gets home from his friend's house.

I picked Gina out as a kitten 14 years ago while Sid's ship was deployed. At that time she weighed less than a pound. It was just the two of us for the first few months and then again when Sid was off in Indianapolis (changing his name to Sid). She lived with me in eight different houses/apartments over three states. She weighed as much as 18 pounds but still managed to jump up on the bed, chairs and counters. She slept beside me part of the night almost every night. I'm really going to miss her.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Poor Gina. I know it was (and will be) very, very difficult. We hope everyone is ok.