Thursday, October 22, 2009

Responsible Children

I’ve been brushing up on my Love & Logic skills again.  Sheela is very excited about the second Twilight movie that is being released in Nov.  Her best friend is going to see it at the midnight release party and wants Sheela to go too.  She’s mentioned half a dozen times that Hunter gets to go and then gets to skip school the next day to sleep.  She finally asked me if she could go too.  I told her “yes… but” she has to pay her own way, get Hunter’s mom to drive her and she can’t skip school.  If she thinks she can stay awake all day and be sharp enough to participate in class after staying up all night she’s welcome to try it.  She decided that she would be too tired for school.  I’m counting this as a success even if she changes her mind when she figures out that the school day in question is an early release day leading in to the Thanksgiving break.

1 comment:

-lyn said...

You're doing great parenting.