Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The year of the "I"s

I have two major trips planned for this year.  The first is a work related excursion to Italy near the end of May.  I’ll be away from home five days and four nights but will have only 2 ½ days in Verona.  This is a trip I’ve been told to expect 3 or 4 different times over the last 12 years but this time I really think I’ll get to go.  This is intended to be a collaborative effort with the Operations team in our sister company.

 

The second, and bigger deal, trip is to India at the end of the year.  We’ve already secured tickets to fly to Mumbai Dec 17 and return on Jan 2.  All four of us will get to go on this one (which is why Sid isn’t joining me in Italy).  We will also be travelling with Sushama, Seema and Nita.  As an aside both Sunil and Nita were able to fly for discounted rates but Seema and Sheela had to pay the adult price.  This has made them slightly obnoxious.  This is the trip that we started planning before we had kids and couldn’t get done.  Then we had to wait until the kids were old enough not to be whiners (and to remember it when we are done).   What we’ll do and where we go changes every few minutes so I’m not even going to speculate right now – but I’m sure it will an experience.

3 comments:

Team Sharma said...

I did get to go to Bologna, Italy once when I was pregnant with Sheela but it was an even shorter trip than this will be.

-lyn said...

Both trips sound exciting ... I'm especially glad about the India journey. That's really, really a Big Deal for all of you.

Anonymous said...

Wow - both trips sound great. I haven't yet explored Europe, and Verona will be gorgeous I'm sure. Also, I've been dying to get to India for years now, so you'll have to post lots of photos!