Sunday, May 14, 2006

Its all about me....

I got to chose our restaurant Friday night for my birthday dinner. Mario Chiquita is where Sid and I usually go alone, but we haven't been in at least six months and it sounded really good. They have excellent sangria but as it was a family night I passed on the pitcher.

Sunil gave me a new bike helmet. My old one is nearly 15-years old and was plain black and rather drab. The new one, selected personally by my favorite four-year old, is a pretty blue with a green frog with a bright pink tongue. At the end of the tongue it says "ZAP". It is of course a youth size helmet and still too big for my little bitty head. I was disappointed to note that the strap system has not been improved in the last 15 years. The reason no one wears their helmet properly, is that its too damn hard to adjust.

Sheela gave me the novel Angels and Demons. Sid gave me a new flat screen monitor for the computer. The Sharma gave me a dozen red roses and beautiful chocker with matching earrings. I'll try to take a picture of it later. Its rows of tiny diamond chips and rubies.

I received breakfast in bed this morning along with a bouquet of construction paper flowers. Each flower is attached to a chore. Theoretically I can command cheerful assistance with any chore I select at any time.

I have quite a flower collection going right now. In addition to the paper bouquet and the roses I received bouquets from both of the soccer teams.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

That sounds like the perfect kind of birthday - good food, great family and cool gifts.

Glad you enjoyed your day!

PS - the helmet may be hard to adjust, but it's worth the hassle:-)