Sunday, February 25, 2007

Home disaster number three

Let's hope that "disaster" is an overstatement. We had some incredibly high winds yesterday. The sky was a muddy brown all day long. Even though it was finally warm it wasn't a nice day to be out. So I spent my spare time curled up in my bed attempting to sleep through my allergies and listening to the wind rip the shingles off of the roof. The good news is that half of the ones that turned up in our backyard really came from the neighbors roof.... not really much comfort that.

I can't see our roof well enough for a picture but I have a great view of Greg's. As you can see the sky is clear and bright today. I'm hoping we get at least a few days rain reprieve so we can get the roof fixed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did the kids react to those high winds?

In Canton once we had hail knock shingles off our roof ... we didn't actually realize it until we saw lots of blue tarps on neighborhood rooftops the following week, and finally decided to look out our upstairs windows to see what was up?!

Mom