Friday, February 16, 2007

Over-scheduling pays off

The original; plan was to kick off our weekend with a babysitting gig (I owe a friend a favor), a soccer practice and a play date with a friend for Sunil. Tomorrow we have two parties, a soccer game, a t-ball practice and laundry, Sunday there is one more soccer game, a funeral (well the viewing) and both kids need to rehearse their DI parts.

Tonight the planets aligned in my favor. I had to leave work early to drive the girls to soccer practice. Normally I bring them back but the other mother's plane was delayed (snow storms, yada, yada, yada) and I need to be home when when Jaden comes over (I was going to be cutting it very close). Sunil was going to play with his friend up the street but the friend came home from school with a fever. Sunil rode to practice with us.. and fell asleep in the car on the way back. Sid was delayed. Jaden (and his folks) were delayed. I ended up with a whole hour of uninterrupted computer time. I managed to outline goals for the department and the staff, plan for two Monday meetings and follow up on a host of other outstanding items. I managed another two hours after everyone showed up because they were watching a movie. I'm almost caught up.

No comments: