Friday, December 07, 2007

Miscellany

Sid bought a new car this week. A slightly used 2007 Nissan Sentra in a pretty pearl grey metallic. He is suffering some adjustments to the smaller vehicle but the savings in gas money should help cushion the blow.

Mom and John have taken water samples from the hot tub to have them analyzed. It appears that we mixed brands of treatment chemicals with a negative effect... more to come on that after we get the results and recommendations.

I finally caved and went to the doctor last night (after sleeping all afternoon). I decided I had strep but as I don't know any one with a confirmed and antibiotic prescriptions and went back home to sleep. I feel great again today but given 10 minutes in a quiet place I'm pretty sure I could still fall asleep.

Sheela woke up to our traditional breakfast in bed in honor of her 10th birthday. We made her fresh cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate, marked her new improved height on her giraffe and sent her off to school where she was featured on the morning announcements. Her birthday traditionally concludes with dinner out at the location of her choice but this year she has requested that we have chinese food sent in and watch the Polar Express on TV. Works for me.

This weekends adventures include a DI workshop for Sunil and a shopping spree for me. I've been elected to buy the door prizes for our holiday party. My goals are quantity, diversity and sheer bulk. The prizes will be displayed at the party and a larger display is more impressive. We've already purchased most of our technological gadgets, so I get lower tech and mass appeal items.

We also plan to pull down the Christmas decorations and get the house set up. Luckily the housekeeper came today so we are staring with clean floors and neat surfaces.

No comments: