Tuesday, January 08, 2008

the mundane

It is kind of nice to return to work after a nice long break to find that the place has fallen apart in your absence.  It makes you feel valuable and needed.  Actually, the place didn't fall apart, it never really does, but we have our share of standard manufacturing challenges each year and this year we lead off with a doozie.  Luckily, I wasn't here, even better it was handled the same way I would have handled it if I had been here.  We may have a few more tense days before we get clear but we know where we are going and how to get there.

 

I say all that just to say, that I'm really behind on my intended posts but I worked all weekend and haven't had a chance to catch up.  So imagine us in front of the Statue of Liberty, imagine the kids playing in Battery Park, imagine Sunil making friends with Ravi's dog Lacey, imagine Sheela on her new bike (way cool) and Sunil fencing in the backyard with Sid (way cool), imagine Sheela's miniature golf course (velvety green greens, sugar cube walls and a craft store theme), imagine Sunil's first pinewood derby car (sanded by hand and painted a deep forest green (reminiscent of the velvety green greens of a miniature golf course)), imagine Sheela's new soccer team wearing tie dyed t-shirts whooping up on Andromeda.  Whew, it feels good to be finally all caught up.

 

2 comments:

Tracy said...

It's good to get caught up, and your delivery was excellent - fast paced, as I'm sure the holidays were:-)

We still have our own bit of "catch up" to do...

-lyn said...

Hmm, the quick catch up is a great idea...especially since I haven't even downloaded my last 200 pix yet to the computer ...