Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Another travel day

And I was so focused on the possibilities of spending my afternoon alone in Vancouver that I skipped an obvious step.  I was due to land around 1:00 PM and figured I would head off towards the Greater Vancouver.  It is a little pricier than I'm used to but it is probably better too.  But then I thought I might go hike around in one of the area parks... there are so many to choose from.  Of course with the temperature 40 degrees cooler I was ready to be outside doing something, anything.

Dallas is expecting 103-105 degrees every day this week.  It was only 57 here in BC today but it was raining!  I didn't even bring a coat.  Instead of hiking I went shopping at least I was dry.  I picked up a warm-up jacket which I was pleased to put on immediately and I have yet to remove.  Cold and wet is different than cool and dry.

Now I'm drinking a fresh margarita, waiting on my huge, juicy steak and watching old hockey highlights.  I'll head back to the hotel early and read until I fall asleep.

No comments: