Sunday, July 06, 2008

Return to DINK-dom

We are of course enjoying our weekend sans-children but it isn't as different from a weekend with children as one might imagine. We watched a ton of TV (the movies were better than when the kids are here but they were all old movies we've seen a million times). I've read two books, cover to cover, but nothing that I'd recommend. We performed our quarterly maintenance on the spa, replaced the microwave and repaired the island cabinetry. I went all the way to the store just buy chips. I even managed a haircut.

The only thing different from a weekend with the kids is that the cat slept with me all night.

Actually Sid's best friend from forever stopped by with his family for a few hours yesterday afternoon. The last time I saw them their oldest boy was three months old (he's Sunils's age). It was nice to visit for awhile but the boys would have enjoyed meeting our kids... and I'm sure Sunil would have loved to have two more playmates.

No comments: