Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wow what a storm

I'm enjoying my restful bonus week with the children by sleeping late and playing hard.  Not really but it sounds goods good.  We have managed to have some fun.  A trip to the indoor pool, a trip to the ice rink, dinners together with a fair amount of chocolate fondue.  This morning, our intended trip to the water park, it is raining like hell.  My alarm went off at 4:45 like it always does.  Sid and I still go to the gym every morning early but I've been coming back home and going back to sleep.  Today he couldn't get me out of the house.  I don't see the point in getting that wet when I have all day to sneak back out there.  It is after 6:00AM now and it hasn't even started to weaken.  I did not get to go back to sleep.  The alarm company called to say there is a problem with the cryogenic freezers at the office.  Technically the alarm condition has been resolved but I usually run right in to verify... it is nearly half a million dollars worth of very sensitive product.  But this is one one of the few times when I know there are other people in the office that I can just call to check.  Apparently the power is out though because the phone system doesn't pick up and the email server is off line.  I've left a few cell phone messages but we aren't supposed to carry our cell phones at work so that hasn't worked too well.  I did manage to get one guy to answer but he's still in transit.  The flooding has closed a few roads this morning.

3 comments:

Team Sharma said...

The storm total was 8" of rain around here and lost a bridge to flooding.

-lyn said...

Other than the rain, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play? ;-)

Hope all the freezers (and contents) came through intact.

Tracy said...

It's great you are still going to the gym regularly in the mornings - but on holiday, in the rain staying home is better.

Hope you guys all enjoyed your week together.