Monday, April 13, 2009

Business Travel

I counted five trips that I need to take in the next two months.  That’s not going to happen.  But I love the possibilities and all of them are trips that I want to take.  Three of them involve visits to our biologics’ suppliers.  These are trips that I’ve been promised for the last two years that haven’t come to pass.  Unfortunately if something has to slip these are the most likely candidates…. again.  One is to take a training class on our new labeling software.  That will take place back in MA where I just was.  This one is definite.  I’m booking tickets today to go in early May.  The sixth is to teach a training class on some of our custom business processes at our sister company.  This one shouldn’t be my job but I want to do it anyway.  I’m too much of a control freak to let someone else tell these folks how to make my systems work.  If they tell them wrong I’ll have to clean it up.  Plus by teaching the class I’ll know who I’m talking to when we try to troubleshoot it over the phone later.  And we will be troubleshooting because the system is not as stable as it should be.  It was designed as a temporary solution to hold us for a year or two while bigger pieces fell in to place.  That was nearly seven years ago and the bigger pieces aren’t even on the table.

No comments: