Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Live Strong

I’m messing around with a Lance Armstrong’s Livestrong.com website to track my daily food consumption, weight, mood and exercise.  It has a 45 day free trial and I’m on approximately day five.  I mostly checked it out to find out how many calories are really in the sandwiches that they bring in for lunch here 2-4 times each week.  The busier we get at work the more likely they are to bribe us with food to keep us close which is not unappreciated by any means but the same old thing over and over again gets old not to mention we all just keep getting fatter.  SO I find that my favorite of the lunch sandwiches (Panera’s Roast Beef with Asiago Cheese) runs 710 calories and is half enough food to fill me up – sometimes I eat two, sometimes I eat a cup of the Broccoli Cheese soup (230 calories) and sometimes I go straight to the dessert platter (too many fabulous options to choose just one). 

 

I am rapidly becoming addicted to the site.  So far I haven’t changed many of habits (except for that second sandwich thing) but I’m getting a feel for what I need to change and what my better options could be.  Today I started to play around with the exercise “loops”.  I put in the route Sheela and I take on our evening walks and it calculated the distance and the elevation changes (this is Texas – I didn’t know we had elevation changes).  It’s fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to check that site out. I have used Calorie King (.com.au - the free Australia version) and the free ipod touch/iphone app Shape Up club...

Very addictive! And who knew a tuna sandwich had contained so many calories?