Monday, August 22, 2005

Garage sales are not for me......

I always suspected that this was true, but I've never really given it a chance. Now I know. I don't like them. True, the weather would have been better if we'd waited another month or two, and the response might have been better if the newspaper had actually run the ad, or if the city hadn't removed the signs after only the first hour. But I still don't see it as a good use of my time. Most of what I want to get rid of is always kid's clothes which are not high dollar items anyway. From now on I will stick to donations. The Sharmas take some back to India with them when they go, the balance I had ear marked for Hope's Closet (the Collin County Foster/Adoptive Parent's charitable clothing shop) but the Closet is temporarily closed due to Fraud allegations. The things that we didn't sell went to Goodwill, the furniture will go to the Slavation Army. Nothing came back in the house at all. So I'm happier even if I'm not really any richer. I spent most of my earnings on a bike that Brenda was selling at the garage sale. It was time to move Sheela up.

No comments: