Thursday, August 25, 2005

Hoy es día del tejano

When the radio first went off this morning I knew that something was different. My normal radio station sounded more ethnic than usual. I wasn't too alarmed, freak weather patterns occasionally blur my station with the Spanish station up the dial. Usually it lasts a few hours during which neither station can really be heard and it only effects the radio in my room. Today however the Spanish was crystal clear and my regular station gone. Even more telling, it's all of the radios in the house and the car all the way up to my office (I've never had blurring this far North). It may be time to admit that failing ratings have given way to a permanent format change. I'll give the Tejano station a few more days (it's really rather peppy) before starting the search for a permanent replacement. Until then it's Tejano day.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Too bad you're losing your station:-(

I tune into NHK RJ to brush up my Japanese listening skills, but often catch their international news - sometimes in Korean, sometimes Russian.