Friday, April 06, 2007

Buds at last

I have two iris buds for the first time. They are both on the same stalk and appear to be either dark purple or blue. They are still tightly furled so it is hard to tell for sure. I'm excited because this will be the first time the plants have bloomed since we've had them here. Mom and John brought them to me after they cleared out Grammy's flower beds in Williamsburg.

I noticed them this morning after the kids and I returned from our walk to the donut shop. The whole way there (and most of the way back) I kept pointing out other people's iris and I was more than a tad jealous. I was thrilled to see the buds when we got back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!

-Mom

Tracy said...

You've got a greener thumb than I! We're still thrilled that our pineapple plant hasn't died yet:-) We hope you get more buds and nice flowers.