Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween


It was low key on the Halloween home front this year.  Sheela went with her friend Anna and was a vampire again wearing last year's costume.  Sunil went with his friend Hunter and wore last year's Darth Vader costume (without the mask).  I was so pleased with the way his pirate costume came out but at the last minute he apologized for hurting my feelings and asked to switch.  My feelings weren't really hurt.  He's gotten a ton of use out of the costume over the last month or so.  I stayed home and passed out candy to the dozen or so groups of trick-or-treaters.  Sid was sick and about halfway asleep upstairs.

I did enjoy the holiday at the office however.  Our department is all about the food and we are known to have the best food at the potluck.  We wore chef hats and focused on what we do best. I ate my weight in goodies before lunch time.

This year the first place group skit went to our Insurance Administration Department.  They built a flat screen TV and living room.  Their skit was a broadcast of an entertainment news show complete with commercials and live coverage of the California wildfires, a Marie Osmond interview, a Whitney Houston/ Bobby Brown interview and a few commercials

Second place went to the Clinical department with their French Bistro complete with small tables, mood lighting, fresh homemade pastries and a complete wait staff.  I particularly enjoyed the chocolate croissants

Third place was a take off on Vision 2010 with a road crew paving the way to a billion dollars over the bodies of the competition.  Vision 2010 is our corporate rallying cry

They turned off most of the lights and cranked the A/C up.  The room was chilled to about 65 degrees.  Everything was draped in black trash bags and Dr. Death was performing autopsies on a variety of "corpses", some living some dead.  Random bodies moved at various times

Other skits included: Dog the Bounty Hunter meets COPS, The Mad Hatter's Tea Party, The Ofix Raisins, A Day at the Beach, The Fashion Police. 

1 comment:

-lyn said...

Oh, my. My office never had such fun! I especially like hearing about the chocolate croissants!