Friday, November 16, 2007

Indoor soccer outdoors??

When Sheela signed back up to play indoor I had some basic expectations, they mostly involved heat, bleachers and indoor plumbing. But the indoor team arranged for a scrimmage last night against a crosstown rival and the game was played outside, at the edge of the practice complex with only half of the field lit and a wind chill of about 50oF. Aside from being cold (and therefore cranky), I was tired and the field is a size larger than when she last played as we've aged up again so I couldn't even really see the game. It wasn't as much fun as games gone by. Color me nostalgic already.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Sitting in the cold is never fun. And it seems that you didn't even get the pleasure of a good view...hopefully next one is indoors. If it's any consolation, at least it's not hockey - which chilled me to the bone both indoors and out:-)

-lyn said...

Brrr ...