Friday, February 27, 2009

Not a busy weekend just a busy day

It looks like all of our commitments for the weekend will fall on Saturday. It's days like this when I don't see how anyone can handle more than one child per parent. Sheela's DI team will meet over here at 7:30 AM. I'll drive them down to the competition. They need to be there by 8AM. They have their instant challenge first. The parents don't get to see that part and the kids aren't even allowed to tell you about it until the end of April (by which time they don't remember). Their main solution presentation will be over by 11AM. This leaves us stress free time to watch the other other team's solutions to their challenge and maybe explore some of the other challenges. I personally prefer the improve challenge.

Sid is taking Sunil to "Sam Bass Days" here in Allen. I don't remember who Sam Bass is but I figure I can ask Sunil Saturday night. Then he has a baseball practice.

In the evening Sid will take Sunil to the Blue and Gold banquet. Sunil will graduate to Bear Cub from Wolf Cub and collect all of his arrow points. I'll be sewing stuff on to his uniform for weeks to come.

Sheela and I will head back to the DI award ceremonies. It is pretty much a long, boring affair but if you win the chance to continue to state or a special award it becomes worth it.

2 comments:

Team Sharma said...

I should clarify - Sam Bass Day commemorates the first successful train robbery in TX. It happened right here in Allen. I don't remember if Mr. Bass was the robber or the good guy.

-lyn said...

I'll be thinking about you for your busy day ... and hoping that your Sunday will be gloriously stress-free!
I never knew how any mother could handle more kids than she had hands for them to hold ... you've taken that dilemma to a whole new level!