Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Rain

Two days in a row now we've had rain.  Yesterday it was fun, novel and exciting.  Today it's dark, depressing and tiresome.  What a difference a day makes.

On the good news side lunch was brought in at work today and I was too busy to notice the rain the rest of the day.  Now I'm sitting in a restaurant bar looking out over the canal - the view is much diminished.  There should be 15 - 20 of us for dinner tonight and the reservation is for 10 minutes from now and yet I'm sitting alone feeling pathetic.  I just got here and I'm already bored with the view.

3 comments:

-lyn said...

Hope the rest of your gang showed up ... or else the view would have gotten drearier and drearier, I'm sure!

Team Sharma said...

Not only did we end up with 15 people, but they moved us in to a very cozy and cheerful private room. The night turned out to be great.

Tracy said...

Glad it worked out in the end - canal view does sound good though, even without the view:-)