Monday, August 17, 2009

"Value People", "Own It" and "Have Courage"

These, along with "Be One", "Create Dialog" and "Just Imagine" are our company's six cultural beliefs.  I think I exhibited all three of these today by teaching a full day class today on our company's "Journey to Accountability".  I rated "Value People" both for taking the time to invest in myself and for sharing this knowledge with others.  I rated "Own It" for ensuring that my level and breadth of knowledge were sufficient to the task and for ensuring the whole team of trainers gave it our best effort.  I rated "Have Courage" for getting up in front of 30 people to teach a subject I'm still learning.  I still hate talking to groups but I did it.

This was a fabulous experience (that I get to repeat two more time this week) and a few more times later this month and again with the Sales force at the National meetings.

I am so wiped now that I couldn't even eat dinner and I only taught a third of the day.  I can only imagine what it takes to do the full day.

2 comments:

-lyn said...

Atta Girl!

Anonymous said...

That's a great experience - even though tiring at the time.