Saturday, August 08, 2009

Weekend Work

I’m up here at the office again on a Saturday.  This time I’m helping out the quality department with incoming inspections.  They have a huge backlog and too few hands so a few hours here and there make a big difference.  I’ve posted here almost every time I’ve had to work on a weekend so it seems like it is often but really it’s not.  What I find striking today though is that nearly our entire manufacturing staff and half of the warehouse staff are here again.  The mfg folks work a four day week with Fridays off but they’ve been in every Friday and every Saturday since early June and they are still cheerful.  This is a great group of people.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

the cheerfulness with weekend work won't last forever. i hope you get your weekends back soon and our birthday lunch pal back!

-lyn said...

I'm so glad you have a great team at your office. Makes all the difference in the world, doesn't it?