Thursday, August 31, 2006

How could I not be proud? (or not)

Sunil's teacher had to write to me today. Sunil attempted to smuggle a toy car out of her class room for his personal collection. One of his classmates turned him in.

He's pretty tired of talking about it by now. I had a go with him and then Sid got to do it again when he came home. Of course Ms. Barr got to go through him with it first.

Sunil made a card for Ms. Barr that says "I'm sorry" he decorated it with a shark.

I seem to recall stealing a rag rug when I was five years old. I just knew that it would look great in my room in Oklahoma on top of my little red bedside chest. I can't remember which of Mom's relatives I took it from.... I think it was cousin George Phares from Oklahoma City. I didn't do it again.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Been there...

I don't think I was trying to steal the dolls from my aunt's house - I just thought they were cool and I wanted them.

All's well that end's well...

-lyn said...

My story involved an apple from a neighbor's tree. I KNEW I was stealing, so I hid it way, way back in my closet, inside a white rabbit fur muff that I loved. Well, Mom never found out, but my muff was certainly ruined when the apple eventually turned all soft and squishy! Worked as well as the apology note would've.
We're proud of Sunil for writing his note.