Sunday, October 01, 2006

A old era in reading (revisited)

I've started checking out books from the library again. The thing is that when I take the kids to the library I'm not allowed to leave them in the children's area unattended (at least not Sunil and Sheela is not old enough to count as "attending"). I'm not getting to go up to the main section of the library to look for books for me. So I'm making do with the "kid's" books. I've recently read Beverly Cleary's Dear Mr. Henshaw and Sharon Creech's Walk Two Moons. Sunil actually picked them out. They are both Newbery Medal winners and were wonderful (and of course really easy to read). I'm hoping that Sheela will read them before we take them back but she is still working her way through the fourth Harry Potter and has a quite a ways left to go.

2 comments:

-lyn said...

I've actually read "Walk Two Moons"; or at least most of it. I had Faith read it aloud to me when we first started the mentoring program. It's great.

Rereading "The Yearling", too, might be a good choice.

Tracy said...

Those are some great "kids" books - if you can't get to the adult library, at least you've still got some quality reading!

P.S. - Anne of Green Gables might be worth re-reading too. (Of course, as a Canadian, I might be biased:-)