Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Orthoween VII

Our work Halloween party has been toned down considerably however I am seated net to a cubical containing: pumpkin bread, sweet potato-pecan pie, decorated sugar cookies, m&m cookies, chocolate chip cookies, brisket, boiled shrimp, lemon cake, seven layer dip, asiago/red pepper dip, swiss cheese and walnut dip, and a relish tray.  The office on the other side of me contains cinnamon muffins, potato-egg casserole, fried chicken, sugar cookies, taquitos, nacho cheese and sausage dip and soft drinks.  I had a meeting this morning in a conference room containing red beans and rice, cornbread, sausage balls, sausage boiled with peppers and onions, chips, dips, deviled eggs, egg rolls, mini cupcakes, pies cookies and tarts.  There are at least six other departmental food stations in the building not including the pot luck lunch/going away party for a friend.  The food is not even the focus of our annual Orthoween event.  There were six large scale skits and numerous costumes.  I'm not big on the dressing up but I do love the food.

1 comment:

-lyn said...

Oh - my - god!!!