Saturday, November 07, 2009

Decision time

I've been unofficially offered a job in our IT department. I've talked to the hiring director and the two other managers and it looks like a lot of fun with a great team. I love both of the direct reports and the director. The job would be supporting and managing all of the IT support for a third of the company (thus the need for the other two managers - both of whom are excellent and would cover my back while getting me up to speed on the actual technical stuff).

The porblem is that my current job is also a lot of fun and hits a wider area of responsibility. I just want to get out of having to support manufacturing in favor of working on more multi-company projects. When our Operations department was a shared service supporting all four companies this was easier to justify. Now we all fall back under one company again and that makes it difficult to the big boss of that company to allow me to spend my time on the others. I've talked to my boss about it. Next week I'll talk to his boss about it. The week after that I'm travelling with his boss. We'll see where it goes. Either way I'm still going to like my job. Not everyone can say that.

1 comment:

-lyn said...

Sounds like a good choice, either way! Keep us posted...

Proud on ya!

Mom