Saturday, November 28, 2009

Texas is Beautiful

I don't always think so but we are enjoying one of the most amazing weeks right now.  It's been in the mid-60s and sunny for nearly a week.  Sid and Sunil are camping so I'm squiring Sheela and her best friend around.  We walked to the donut shop this morning.  There is actual fall foliage out there this year no bright, yellow but plenty of reds, oranges and burnished golds. 

Now we are up at the tennis courts.   While the girls play I'm alternately reading a book and sending emails.  Neither one is really capturing my attention, the sky is too bright a blue to be ignored today.

Later on we will go to see "New Moon" with my friend Cindy.  I don't see her often enough.  One of the things that has suffered from my travel and lunch meeting schedule has been meeting my other friends for lunch.  I'm getting lonely without them. 

I used to think that I read when I got stressed but apparently the reading is for boredom or lonliness.  I get obsessive over music when I'm stressed.  I play the same song a dozen times until I can wear it out and move on.   

Well the sky has captured the girls too.  They are both laying on the court watching the clouds now.  They are about the same age as I was when I became friends with Kathy.  They don't dress alike or talk alike yet but they will before much longer.

4 comments:

-lyn said...

Best friend's name? (First name.)If they dress alike will they look alike? You and Kathy surely did.

-lyn said...

What music do you like?

Tracy said...

The adage of music soothing the savage beast came about for a reason, and opening a favourite book is often like meeting with old friends. I can certainly see the connections.

Team Sharma said...

The best friend is Hunter (not to be confused with Sunil's really good friend Hunter) and my musical selections are ecclectic enough that it can't all be dismissed as pathetic but I'm still not admitting to anything.