Friday, July 29, 2005

Blood Donor

As it happens near the end of Summer each year our local blood banks have run critically low on blood so last night we arranged a blood drive here at work. I gave blood first thing this morning. It's a good way to start the day and I use it as an excuse to go have a steak at lunch. With the hurry up planning style I didn't think it all the way through this time. After giving blood I was only half-way listening to the "dos and don'ts" lecture, but it occurs to me that the last don't was heavy lifting. This is not normally a problem, I work primarily on a computer or small hand held equipment, but today we are rearranging the manufacturing line (again). A large number of benches, industrial sewing machines, ovens, etc need to be moved. OOOOPPPS! I guess I'll go supervise.

No comments: