Tuesday, July 05, 2005

New Pictures

OOOppppsss! I forgot to actually bring the new pictures with me today. I'll try to put them out there when I go back home. We are having some new bookcases delivered today so I'll go home and take a turn waiting on the truck and then come back to work.

Sid decided to add tile to the "lip" across the wall by the house instead of putting the wood over it. That took an extra day but came out nicely. Sunday we got the wood floor down and Monday we moved in the furniture (most of it). We still need to trim the edges and touch up some of the paint but it feels like the end is just around the corner.

In the midst of all of this my vertigo came back. I still have the scrip that my doctor gave me (just in case) but it's more than a year old. During my begging and pleading with the pharmacist to fill it anyway (it's only two weeks out of date) I discovered that it's now available over the counter, yeah! So she set me up right away. It takes less than an hour to make the dizziness stop, but causes quite a bit of fatigue which lasts for hours. Oh well, two days of that and it seems to be gone again. Hopefully it will be another year before it comes back.

Last night we managed to get Dr. Sharma's main computer hooked back up to the internet (we've been using the laptop) and we managed to install the wireless router with no problem. The we tried to hook up the wireless receiver to our computer which is still upstairs and hit a snag. The computer insists that the receiver cables are disconnected. It may be an actual problem with the receiver, a problem with the router, a security mis-communication or that the USB hub that we are using has too slow a connection for the signal. I'm hoping for the security settings being out of synch. I'll work on that while I wait for the bookshelves. Then I'll try to set the laptop up to acknowledge its wireless card and see if I can get into the network that way too.

No comments: