Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I wish I had a picture

The hot air balloons are starting to go up again in preparation for the Plano Balloon Festival in September. I have no idea how they fly when it's already 80 degrees at 8:00 am. As I drove in to work this morning I watched a particularily bright balloon flying low and heading North. I watched until I pulled into the parking lot at which point I got out and watched it pass over the cars at an altitude of about 40 feet and then land in the field just past our parking lot. From the time I parked to the time the balloon was down and deflated was less than 10 minutes. My friend, Lynn, wanted to know if I'd collected the traditional bottle of Champagne which is presented to the landowner for the landing site. It never even occurred to me to try.

No comments: