Wednesday, July 06, 2005

It seemed like a good idea at the time....

I just agreed to come pick up some bedroom furniture for Sunil. We've been trying to get him a dresser (on the cheap) for a few weeks. The old Wal-mart, press board drawers have given up on his old stuff. They were originally purchased as nursery furniture for Sheela and weren't expected to last more than two years. Oh well, we got seven years out of them and moved them at least twice. Anyhow, I was just offered some stuff FREE if I come get it tonight but I have to take it all. Okay, it's close to the house, why not. So now I'm getting a twin/full bunk bed, a dresser with a mirror, a computer desk and a couple of end tables. It still sounds pretty good, except that I already have a full sized futon, and two cheap Wal-mart, press board dresser/shelving units and a twin bed in my house that I don't need and can't find room for. I have seven house guests coming to visit by the weekend (not to mention in-laws) . I have more furniture than I do floor space already. Accckkkk! I just hope that the dresser is nice. We may end up giving away the rest of the stuff, I just don't know if we can do it quickly enough. This is what I get for checking email while I'm at work.

3 comments:

Johnny Menace said...

Wal-mart is evil.

-lyn said...

Loved seeing all the photos!!!!
You've done great work.

Now, for photos of the new stuff for Sunil ... !

Mom

Team Sharma said...

Hey, this deal fell through. They decided to keep the dresser and since I didn't really want the other stuff we just let it go.