Friday, December 30, 2005

Another vacation day...


I'm sure that I should have spent the day getting ready for the next round of family but I'd have enough of being trapped here all day with the kids. So I packed them up early and went to the zoo. It was a beautiful day and the bickering was minimized by outdoor activity. I love the zoo for many reasons.

I finally got to see the new Asian Small Clawed Otter exhibit. It's been open since September. I just haven't been in a few months. It actually took us three passes past the exhibit before I saw otters frolicking, but it was worth the effort.

Its hard for the Dallas Zoo to compete with the Fort Worth Zoo (one of the top five in the Nation). The Dallas Zoo has changed its focus from trying to raise money to build huge exhibits like the Chimpanzee Forest, the tiger exhibit and the Gorrilla exhibit to opening a bunch of little exhibits that are very affordable like tamarinds, otters, saddlebilled storks and Bug University. They are hoping that the variety will be a big enough draw to keep people coming back.

No comments: