Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Happy Birthday Sheela!!!


My little girl is eight years old today! I can hardly believe it. We woke her up early with breakfast in bed today (a family tradition). She isn't home from school yet, but we have a small cake (and a dozen cupcakes) plus a big pile of gifts. The pile is big.... the gifts aren't really all that large or all that numerous. I just packed 'em in big gift bags.

In contrast to what I hope has been a really great day for her, Sunil woke up with a fever this morning and he and I spent the day laying around attempting to sleep. He was mellow enough for long enough to listen to me read a whole Junie B. Jones book to him. That's the first time he's been able to sit through a whole one at one sitting. I also managed to finish Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (again).

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Happy 8th birthday to Sheela - I hope she had a great day.

And I hope Sunil starts to feel better soon. At least it sounds like he's getting some good TLC.