Friday, April 21, 2006

Fondue

It took us three meals to eat all of the fondue that was supposed to have been Easter dinner. There was just too much food and it takes too long to prep AND cook AND eat. So we had the cheese course for dinner on Tuesday, the chocolate course for desert on Wednesday and the oil course on Thursday (with some left over chocolate course to round out the night). I now have both Sid and Sheela hooked on the shloss sauce that I use to jazz up the steak and mushrooms.

Mom I'm still using the same recipies that we used in Canton 20+ years ago, except I did try a new cheese recipe. It has finely chopped shrimp, American cheese and cream cheese. Definitely a winner.

2 comments:

-lyn said...

Well, then, I definitely need the new recipe. Maybe we can find the energy to do another of our "fondue flings" again soon.

Tracy said...

Your fondue dinner(s) sound like they were all good (the chocalate dessert especially).