Monday, December 11, 2006

Twin Cities

I’m in Minneapolis/St Paul today. I flew up for a meeting this morning. I was expecting the weather to be terrible, but it was in the 40s today and really quite pleasant. I guess it didn’t really matter, aside from the walk to the rental car, to the office and to the hotel I wasn’t outside at all. All of the ponds are frozen over and from the air you could see skating rinks in backyards much the way we have swimming pools in Texas. Today we were meeting with a foam fabricator. I learned a lot and I think we’ve identified some good compromises to improve our yields. I’ll stay one more day for a meeting with our circuit board vendor and fly back late tomorrow night. I’ve been few a few other board shops but I’m looking forward to that one anyway. They use an interesting mix of automation and hand assembly work.

No comments: