Saturday, January 13, 2007

Bait and switch

We needed to have our inspectors come in this weekend to catch up on some of the incoming inspections but someone needs to be here to "Supervise" them. When they asked for volunteers they needed someone for 2-3 hours starting at 9 AM. I was going to be working on some reports at home anyway so I volunteered. I'm sure that I will get more work done here than I would at home on a cold and rainy day with the kids. Almost immediately they switched it to a 7 AM start and a five hour stretch. The good news is all four inspectors showed up so we should be 20 hours ahead by Monday.

We are launching multiple new product lines and product upgrades all at the same time. Our whole sales force gets together for a huge meeting once a year and that is the best time to train them all for a big launch. Unfortunately this creates some huge bottle necks in almost all of the support functions.

No comments: