Friday, October 12, 2007

Gina returned

A month or so ago we took Gina out for flea dipping. This is easily one of her three least favorite pastimes. Unfortunately, her other least favorites include riding in the car and visiting the vet so this was a triple whammy for her. Our bug bombing of the house was only a partial success so we eventually caved and started spraying flea spray on all of the carpets, mattresses, curtains, etc. All of this combined was too much for my timid kitty and she went in to hiding in the laundry room. We rarely saw her but eventually the fleas drove her out of there and back in to the kitchen allowing us to get close enough to check her out. She was pretty well covered in bites and bugs. Sid gave her a flea bath at home which made a big improvement and went over better than I thought it would with her. For the next week she lived in our bathroom away from carpets and still hosting a small contingent of fleas. Last night she received another bath and was finally allowed to rejoin the household. She slept last night (still wet) between Sid and I in our bed. Today she appears to be flea free and quite happy. I'm glad to have her back.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Welcome back, Gina!

I remember my flea days, and while I greatly miss having animal companions, I don't at all miss the fleas:-)