Saturday, October 01, 2005

Last minute life-style......

Instead of our normal plan-every-detail approach to life we are taking a laid back approach to this family vacation. Today we started off with haircuts, instead of packing. Then we moved in to picking Sid's car up from the shop (brake job), Kindermusik, Sheela's soccer game and then of course Sunil's soccer game. It was our turn to bring snack, cut plums and fresh grapes, juice boxes and mini-oreos for after the game. Sid went off to do a wine tasting and I brought the kids home to bake cookies and pack. Well Zach came over to play for awhile, then in a stroke of brilliance I sent all three of them off to Zach's house. Sunil came back a short time later, just as Ronnie Sue stopped by to see Sheela. So they went to play with the cats as I burned the second batch of cookies because I was being hit up by a pint-sized salesman hawking violas (the flowers not the instruments). I have two flats coming at the end of the month. All of this to say, we haven't packed, we don't have reservations and we don't have a plan. We will pack all night (I guess) and then leave when the kids wake us up. One day's drive should see us to Marathon where we hope to find a motel for the night. The nest morning we should make Big Bend and find a camp ground early. We may be out of touch for a week... more or less.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I hope you have/ had a great time on your camping and hiking vacation. Getting away for a week should be good, and there isn't much better than spending time in the outdoors.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had access to your blog! I would write pretend stories of all the cool things you are doing there right now! When will you be back?