Saturday, November 12, 2005

A night out... or two

Farhana has taken the kids for the whole weekend so Sid took me out for dinner last night. We went to Kobe Steaks, which is a Benihana type place. The food was excellent, the drinks were tasty and we made a few new friends (a middle school teacher and two school councillors). After dinner we walked over to Pete's Deuling Piano Bar. We stayed there a couple of hours. It reminded me alot of the piano bar at Pat O'Brien's. A good time was had by all. We didn't get to be until 2Am and I woke up at 7AM. A few more hours of sleep would do me good, but it is not to be.

We are trying to get some work done on the house this morning, then catch Sunil's soccer game. From there we are driving over to Los Collinas to check in to the Omni Mandalay. We are staying the night over there for my company Holiday party. I'm on the planning committee for the party so it's wont be all fun and games for me but we should have a pretty good time.

Tomorrow when we pick up the kids we are going to do some work on Farhana's house in exchange for burgers and margaritas. It's a win-win deal.

No comments: