Tuesday, November 29, 2005

UIL - University Interscholastic League

Last month Sheela tried out for the UIL creative writing competition. She was not selected to represent her school but she did have a great time working on it. My favorite part was reading the stories she worked onat home for practice. I would draw four simple, unrelated pictures, then she would choose one of them to incorporate into her story. I think she was allowed 15 minutes to write the actual story.

Last night she brought home a permission slip to try out for another UIL competition. She didn't even know what the competition would be but it said UIL and she wanted in. It will be story telling this time. At this age they read each child a book and then they go in and retell the story to the judges one at a time. Sounds like fun to me. I can't wait for the practice sessions.

1 comment:

-lyn said...

You go, Sheela!