Friday, February 10, 2006

$20 Monitor............

I owe Sid an apology. He finally bought me a new monitor for our computer, not so much because he was bothered by the corrupted lines across the top but to shut me up. I know it, he knows it, we can live with it. Anyhow he spent a whole $20 on an eBay special. He even drove over and picked it up. It is a 19" monster and the quality is one would expect for $20. We've been using is for a couple of months now and it is like reading underwater. I have done nothing but complain about him being cheap for months. Finally I moved from complaining back to whining again (this is why you never give in to whining -- it just begs for more).

This time I went out and spent $20 on an old monitor from work -- every bit as large as the last one and crystal clear. I checked it out before I bought it. The plan was to take the good $20 one for us and move the terrible $20 one to the kids computer which we are finally setting up for them. So we move the bad one and low and behold its wonderful. Luckily for us, when we hook up the new one it too is great. I was afraid that there was a problem with the video card on the new computer. We could probably have made some adjustments to the old one if I stopped whining for two minutes and actually thought about it.

Sorry Sid, your $20 monitor was a great purchase and you aren't any cheaper than I am.

No comments: