Thursday, February 23, 2006

Soccer hookey

I rebelled last night. I refused to drive the girls to their goalie practice. I was tired and cranky. It was cold and wet. There was a pretty good chance that the practice was cancelled but we didn't have a way to check. Instead we went home and spent some time together doing family stuff. Sunil read me a couple of books and then tucked Sheela and me into bed. Then he put himself to bed. Don't tell him but we got back up after he put us to bed. Sheela and I then spent an hour playing on the internet. She looked up the definition of "reign", "monarch", fish (plural) and fishes (also plural), pictures of Harriet Tubman (which Sheela insists on spelling Herriet Tubman so that google will correct her) and the feeding habits of owls native to Texas. Then we spent another 20 minutes playing with different screen savers. Then I went back to bed.

1 comment:

-lyn said...

Sunil is such a sweetie!

I remember you taking care of me when I had my wisdom teeth extracted. (you were a little older, but the gesture was just as nice!)

Also: Atta girl, Sheelie!