Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Exiling the Nightingale

I learned long ago that I enjoy books more when I read them one at a time. But every once in awhile something comes up and I end up with more than one in process. As a slight variation, I'm listening to "books on tape" in the car and then reading in the evening. The car book is Across the Nightingale Floor (Tales of the Otori Series, Vol 1) by Lian Hern. I love it and it is one of the few books that I've preferred to have read aloud to me. The pronunciation of the names works better than if I'm making it up for myself. The book that I'm reading in the evenings is The Exile by Allan Folsom. This is the first of his books that I've read but I will have to go back and read the others.

The problem with all of this is that I tend to dream about the books that I read and with two at once the dreams get rather convoluted. Two nights in a row now I've woken up confused rather than rested.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Hmmm...well, then, perhaps you should stick to one book at a time:-) I always have more than one on the go - the ones I can't put down, and the ones I start but feel too guilty not to finish!

And it seems like I will soon be adding more books to my list - Nighingale looks especially interesting! Thanks for the info.

-lyn said...

Hmmm ... sorry, sweetie, I guess you inherited yet another unfortunate trait from me.

Good thing we're cute, huh?